The Board of Trustees is pleased to provide you with this overview describing the benefits available to you under the IATSE National Health & Welfare Fund, Plan C (referred to as the “Fund" or the “Plan").
These benefits include:
- Hospital and medical coverage through Empire BlueCross BlueShield
- A prescription drug benefit through Caremark
- In certain geographic areas, the option of participating in a health maintenance organization (“HMO”) as an alternative to the BlueCross and Caremark
- For participants in Puerto Rico, Triple-S, a preferred provider organization (“PPO”), provide medical, hospital and prescription drug benefits as alternatives to Blue Cross and Caremark
- Dental benefits through Delta Dental or Self-Insured Dental Services (S.I.D.S.)
- Vision services through Davis Vision
- A medical reimbursement program that lets you pay for certain unreimbursed medical expenses with money in your “CAPP” account
- Life insurance that pays a lump sum to your beneficiaries in the event of your death.