Text Size:  A  A  A


The answers to frequently asked questions below are general in nature and do not modify the terms of their respective Plans. You should refer to the related Summary Plan Description for more specific information regarding each Fund's Plan.

Top Frequently Asked Questions

Can contributions be submitted in advance of work?

No, contributions are based on covered work performed.  Until the covered work is performed, the contributions are not due and will therefore not be accepted.

What documents do the Funds need in order to accept contributions?

The Funds require a collective bargaining agreement (“CBA”) between an Employer and the IATSE or an IATSE local, together with a Trust Acceptance Document  in conjunction with that CBA.

What language needs to be included in a CBA for it to be acceptable to the Funds?

At a minimum, the CBA must contain a recognition provision, basic working terms and conditions and, of course, a benefit provision setting forth the required contributions to be submitted to each Fund for which a contribution is required on behalf of employees doing covered work.


A “participation agreement” between the parties, which only sets forth participation in the Funds is not a CBA and therefore not acceptable.

Can a CBA be accepted without a separate Trust Acceptance Document?

Yes, but ONLY if the necessary Trust Acceptance language is contained within the body of the CBA.

Is a Trust Acceptance Document enough for the Funds to accept contributions?

No, a Trust Acceptance Document is only valid in conjunction with a CBA.

Can a CBA include language allowing employees to opt in or opt out of receiving contributions?

No.  Employee choice to opt in or out of a specific Fund, or the amount they wish contributed, is not permissible. 

What is needed for the contribution rates in a CBA to be changed or re-allocated?

Unless specifically set forth in the CBA, the contributions rates can only be changed if there is a successor agreement or a side letter, addendum or MOA to the current agreement.  

What documents can be used if an employee requests a re-direction of their benefit contributions to another Fund?

If the contributions would have been submitted to the MPIPHP under the agreement, qualified employees can fill out the “IATSE NBF as Home Plan” document in order to have them re-directed to the IATSE National Benefit Funds.  Note that both the IATSE NBF and the MPIPHP have criteria which must be met in order for the Home Plan to be approved.  A copy of the Home Plan can be found in the Forms section of this website.


For USA829 members working under an agreement in which contributions would be submitted to the MPIPHP, there is a special Home Plan which enables the health and annuity contributions to be re-directed to the IATSE National Benefit Funds and pension contributions directed to the USA829 Pension Fund.  A copy of this Home Plan can also be found in the Forms  section of this website.


For re-directions involving Benefits Funds other than the MPIPHP, a different re-direction MOA or sideletter would be necessary, to be signed by the employee, the signatory employer and the signatory union party.  The Home Plan would not be applicable in those situations.  Contact the Contracts Department for more information by calling us at 1-800-456-3863.

How do I know how much I have available for claims reimbursement(s)?

You can check your balance by logging into the Funds website at www.iatsenbf.org. Click the "current coverage" link under the Health & Welfare panel on your main Dashboard page. Your "ending balance" is the amount available for reimbursement of qualified, previously unreimbursed, medical expenses or post-tax health insurance premiums. You can also obtain your balance by calling the Participant Services Center at 1-800-456-3863 or by referring to your Plan C quarterly statement. Please note, your on-line balance will be different from your statement if claims were processed after the statement was generated.

Where can I get an MRP claim form?

Claim forms are available on the Fund’s website at www.iatsenbf.org by clicking on the “Applications/Forms/Documents” link under Participant Quick Links on the main landing page. Or, in the “search” box, enter Medical Reimbursement claim form and hit submit. You can also obtain a form by requesting one through Participant Services Center by calling 800-456-3863 or via email at psc@iatsenbf.org. Please check back often to obtain the most current claim form.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12